Hi-

I'm new to the discussion list, just joined earlier this evening.

I saw a question someone had about Joni's appearance at that concert
(it's nearly the 25th anniversary! Thanksgiving Day, 1976. Wow, time flies..).

As you probably already know, besides "Coyote", she also performed "Furry
Sings
The Blues" (where Neil returned to reprise his eerie harp solo from the
album),
and a singularly unique version of "Shadows & Light", with the Band.

Later, after the intermission, and just before they brought Dylan out, the
Band
played "Acadian Driftwood" (from "Northern Lights, Southern Cross"). Robbie
invited "a couple of Canadians out to help us sing this one"... they being
Joni
and Neil. There are tapes of the entire show floating around, so you can hear
this if you search a little. The board tapes are a lot rougher than the
finished
product you're used to. They did some oberdubbing later on.
It really was an incredible night, and I'm still amazed that I was there.

Russ Cole
Arcata,