> You know I just never got why she was so >big.

Yeah, I could never get it, either.  I felt she had the potential to really
sing beautifully but was mucking it up with some kind of add-on vocal
"mannerisms."  It's always hard for me to watch and listen to her without
feeling slightly annoyed.  I'm with you on Rickie Lee, too, I think that's
just how she is - she's always been that way from the beginning and if it
wasn't really her, it sure would have been hard to put it on all these
years.  I think she and Waits had a tremendous influence on eaach other.

I loved seeing the pics from the Joni Tribute!  It looked so great!  Hope
there is a way to get a recording out sometime.

Kakki