In a message dated 11/16/01 4:29:52 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< In two days back, I've inadvertently stepped on a couple of toes of people
I like and admire.  >>

Yes, Walt. And we've all been sending each other offlist e-mail about what a
mean, heartless bastard you turned out to be.  ;-)

"Christmas with Louise" appeared on the list around this time last year,
Walt, long before the JMDL was even a gleam in your eye. I think maybe Colin
posted it, but I'm not sure. But here's the kicker, as we say in the ad biz
-- I don't know how much eggnog I had in me when I read it last year, but I
thought this story ACTUALLY HAPPENED to Colin (or whoever posted it). Duh! &
Doh!

By the way, I'm still laughing over what your mother said about me the day I
picked you up at her house in Rhode Island -- "He looks like a Bob Murphy."

XO,

    --Bob