<< According to the paper she made her recent Boston audience
 nervous by playing mostly off her just-released album (see above),  mostly
 avoiding the familiar, and then closed the concert by starting and quickly
 aborting several songs after a few bars, which seemed to even upset the
 band.  >>

Funny you mention this, Chuck...I just had a former lister from the area that
attended this show tell me how brilliant it was and offered to make me a copy
of her new record. I turned him down, saying that I found her vocals to be
cloying & annoying.

I remember when I bought the Maniacs "The Wishing Chair", and laughed out
loud listening to it because I couldn't understand a fecking word! I think I
still have that record (in mint condition) if anybody's interested! ;~)

Bob

NP: Harry Partch, "The Dreamer That Remains"