<<  The Concertgebouw had once again worked its magic. >>

John, how awesome that you got to see a transcendant live musical moment like
that! I've been to a couple of shows that had those 'chillers', it's the kind
of thing that really sticks with you.

I caught Glenn Tillbrook last night. I didn't have any idea what to expect,
and boy was I pleasantly surprised! He's got a new solo record out, so of
course he was promoting that, but his show was totally spontaneous. He did
about 2 hours of total requests, wandered off the stage into the audience,
made all of us go out in the restaurant area where he played a song, pulled
somebody out of the audience to sing, and of course pulled out all the old
Squeeze songs that I love like "Tempted" and "Pulling Mussels From the Shell".

Back to the girl he plucked from the audience...the first question she asked
him was if he knew any Joni Mitchell! When that failed to trigger anything,
she says "How about Tom Waits?" Well, I would have proposed to her right then
& there but my wife was with me so I refrained. Anyway, they did a pretty
version of "They Can't Take That Away From Me", seems she was a professional
singer from Quebec, so it sounded great.

Glenn really gave it his all, worked up a hearty sweat, and came out
afterwards to chat with the crowd. I bought his CD and got an autograph.
Cool.

If you liked Squeeze and great brit-pop, I highly recommend spending a night
with Glenn. WWWGlennTillbrook.com should have an updated tour schedule if
you're interested.

Bob

NP: Glenn Tillbrook, "One Dark Moment"