<< makes me think of Boz Scaggs, whom I was listening to
 heavily at the time.  Now, I really dig Boz and haven't seen him mentioned
 here.  He took me away to exactly where I wanted to be. >>

Daggum, Mack...that is SO weird...I was surfing the all-music guide on the
web today and just out of the blue picked three artists to read about...Sam
Cooke, Elvin Bishop, and Boz Scaggs.

Boz was a fixture on the San Francisco scene, but I didn't pick up on him
until Slow Dancer. Lots of great songs on that record. Then it was "Silk
Degrees", and we all know about that one. If I've heard it once I've heard it
a bajillion times. Lido Shuffle, Georgia, Harbor Lights, What Can I Say,
every song on that record was a hit. I remember road-tripping with my sister
to Florida, and I had a tape with Deja Vu on one side & Silk Degrees on the
other, and I ain't sure we ever changed that tape!
I really dug his next one too, "Down Two, Then Left", then "Middle Man" which
wasn't so hot in my book, so I let him slide.

Interesting bit of trivia about Boz...made one of the biggest mistakes in
soundtrack history. He was offered to put "Lowdown" on the Saturday Night
Fever soundtrack, but opted for the Thank God It's Friday soundtrack instead.
SNF went on to sell 27 mil, and Friday tanked.
Anyway, thanks for mentioning Boz. Some great memories.

Bob

NP: Little Feat, "Day At The Dog Races"