Kate was commenting on the adult nature of the Britney Spears special on HBO
the other night - I couldn't agree more.  All she needed was the dollar
bills tucked into her pants - there was even a pole!  I only watched about
the last 15 minutes, and I was embarrassed to be sitting there with my 12
year old daughter.

I too am encouraged by the seeming returning interest among teenagers in
singer/songwriters and good old fashioned guitar driven rock.  My daughter
is a good example.  We only watched the bit of the Britney special because
my daughter wanted to see "just how bad it is". She also recently declined
to watch a TV special on which Nsync was appearing because she said their
music was getting "boring" - I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
This kid has been all about Nsync for the last 2 years - we have posters,
calendars, dolls, you name it.

If my kid is any barometer, the pre-packaged blond bimbo/boy band school of
pop music is dead in the water.

Sybil