All right Sue ! I will be listening between 7 and 8 (and more, if necessary).

I had alerted the list to WFUV's Joni day just before you did, as a result of
my recent listening (I had not been aware of the station until a couple of
months ago).

Well, Sunday I was on my way to work (ugh) when the guy on WFUV decides to
play four covers in a row from Blue:

Blue                  Sarah McLachlan
A Case of You    Phoebe Snow
River                  Holly Cole
All I Want           Keith Jarrett (apropos of his recent concert review by
Stephen Epstein)

And the guy (forgot his name) tries to describe how great a songwriter JM is
and gives up - saying "well, it's just so obvious".

So, I figure I'd better subscribe to the station as a matter of conscience
(not to mention tithing for the propagation of the faith), which I did. I
believe they do this all day thing on her birthday every year (only a few
artists are so honored - I was told by a friend that Hank Williams is
another). Can learn more at www.wfuv.org.

Speaking of which, Bob M, have you considered (or done) any covers CD's that
replicate a JM album (using the best of the covers) ? I realize that may not
be possible for all of the albums, but it must be possible for at least some
of them.

Finally, another friend who was at the Central Park Joni Jazz concert
wondered if there was a tape of that - I recall your posting that there was -
could you update me on that ?

Bob S