Terry-
He does not play the upright at all in the show, or the rehearsal that I
recall. I met Sting a few years ago when David Sancious was his keyboard
player. My pal was the artist relations manager at Peavey and David was an
endorsee. We went by the sound check at the local arena and I wtook Mikey
who was very young at the time. We sat in the first row while my friend
dealt with biz and David. Sting came out onto the stage with Dominic and a
few of the others. He came by himself to the edge of the stage directly in
front of where Mikey and I were sitting. Mikey looked up and said "Hi
Sting!" and he just glared at him and said nothing. A minute or two must
have passed of awkward silence and for some reason I did not feel
comfortable addressing "your assholiness" myself. Sting turned on his heel
and walked away. I have had so many encounters with artists up close and
personal and most of the time artists can be so nice and friendly. I have
always seen that intensity with Mr. Sting and always felt like he was an
asshole after that, but it does not take away from him wonderful talent. It
also just occurred to me that maybe he thought I was rude and unfriendly by
NOT addressing him. Oh well I can't talk to ALL the fans.

Best

Paz

NP-Friends of Mr. Cairo-Jon Anderson Live 8-21-82 Sunrise Musical Theater