<< Ok, help me with this. I don't "get" it. What am I missing?? >>

Terry, play it with the silver side DOWN! ;~)

Seriously, I suppose it's possible that you wouldn't like it...to me it has
the same classic feel of Blonde on Blonde and Exile on Main Street, and
incorporates a lot of those same earlt 70's r and r sounds. Enemy Fire puts
me in the mind of Neil Young playing Ohio or Southern Man, and then Gonna
Make You Love Me sounds like classic Zeppelin acoustic. Answering Bell is
just crying out to be sung by Van Morrison. And then there's the jewel in the
crown: Nobody Girl. 9:39 of perfectly crafted song...listen to the quiet
start, how he builds it and then brings it to a majestic Rock n Roll climax.
Wonderful. And then there's all those beautiful heartbreaking ballads.
I don't know what advice I can give you...I loved this one the first time I
heard it, and do so even more with each listen. Maybe you just don't care for
his voice?

Maybe...check your pulse? :~)

Bob

NP: Red House Painter, "Three-Legged Cat"