[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> There is an article at
>
> http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/article/0,,9003-2001555241,00.html
>
> about an album George Harrison recorded shortly before his death called
> "Portrait of a Leg End." The article says that the title of the album is "a
> pun on his celebrity." I don't get the pun so I was wondering, is this a
> British thing?

Portait of a Legend...George did a song called "His name is Legs
(Ladies and Gentlemen)" on his Extra Texture album, presumably
referring to a Legs Larry "Smith", a friend and character.

BBC story says this:
The final George Harrison album was referred
              to as 'Portrait of a Leg-end' as a joking
              reference to his celebrity and his involvement
              with Monty Python's Flying Circus.

The title for the album btw, is provisional at this point.
George's wife does plan to release the album.

Another note: George's family has asked for one minute
of meditation worldwide on Monday at 1:30 pm Pacific
time (2130 GMT) in tribute to George.
RR