I have been housebound for the last three days with a weird stomach virus
that arrived with an arthritis-like side symptom that has made me lose
interest in just about anything that doesn't have to do with sleeping,
surfing or complaining.

Anyway, since George Harrison's death the other day I have been checking out
online stories about him. I ended up on The Sun's site (UK) reading a story
about Patti Boyd, George's first wife. The article called Patti "the most
famously serenaded woman in pop history" because George's "Something" and
Eric Clapton's "Layla" plus "Wonderful Tonight" were all written about her. A
very impressive show of musical affection, I must say. She must be quite a
bird, as The Beatles would have once said.

But I was wondering, is The Sun correct? Has any other woman in pop history
ever been the subject of more -- or bigger -- hits? If anyone has that
answer, I am sure it's one of you.

Thanks. I think I'll go back to sleep now.

    --Bob