Murphy wrote:

> I have been housebound for the last three days with a weird stomach virus
> that arrived with an arthritis-like side symptom that has made me lose
> interest in just about anything that doesn't have to do with sleeping,
> surfing or complaining.

You poor thing!  There have been some really weird viruses going around the
past few months.  A few of us on the list also had the 6 week coughing that
wouldn't go away, too!  I hope you feel better soon.

> Anyway, since George Harrison's death the other day I have been checking
out
> online stories about him. I ended up on The Sun's site (UK) reading a
story
> about Patti Boyd, George's first wife. The article called Patti "the most
> famously serenaded woman in pop history" because George's "Something" and
> Eric Clapton's "Layla" plus "Wonderful Tonight" were all written about
her. A
> very impressive show of musical affection, I must say. She must be quite a
> bird, as The Beatles would have once said.

I was joking just today that I would have liked to have been Patti Boyd
because George and Eric were always two of my top musical crushes ;-)  I'd
heard that they all became good friends again and I think Clapton did some
recording with George in recent years.

> But I was wondering, is The Sun correct? Has any other woman in pop
history
> ever been the subject of more -- or bigger -- hits? If anyone has that
> answer, I am sure it's one of you.

Maybe more songs but I don't think bigger hits.  But I'd bet the other Bob
may know the answer! ;-)

They had a memorial gathering for George at Griffith Park today.

Kakki