Just read a short interview with Michael Ball who you may recall has previously
covered River.
He recently did a 'one man and a piano' show in London.

'I opened with Joni Mitchell's Blue. Two hours of material I'd never performed
before.'

Later in the interview he was asked who had the most beautiful voice in popular
music.

'There are so many. Ella. Aretha. Celine, when she's not screaming.
My friend, the Irish singer Brian Kennedy.
But out of everyone I think I would have to say Joni.
Not the absolute best voice technically, but oh, the life experience it brings
to a song.'

Back to lurk-mode.
Mike