Hi, all,

I've already revealed this to a couple of buds on the list, but I've decided
to work on a "Pasticcio" of at least three Joni songs --  tentatively
entitled "The Mood Swing Waltz" -- inspired by the fact that Turbulent Indigo
(song) and Ray's Dad's Cadillac are both in 3-time (or at least can be
thought to be in 3/4 time) and both contain references to the word blue --
but TI is dark and RDC is up and cheery.  Another song with a reference to
blueness is, of course, Blue.  Now I've read the glossary entries in the jmdl
for the word "blue", and I've looked in Wally B's site, but I can't seem to
find a "search engine" that someone else mentioned recently that would (say)
give me a list of songs that contain the word blue (if such exists);  but,
for that matter, there are so many synonyms for the word blue -- so:  help!!
--

In addition to

Turbulent Indigo
Ray's Dad's Cadillac
Blue

are there other songs in the repertoire that contain the word "blue" or any
of its synonyms in the sense of color (indigo, azure cerulean, etc.) -- and
better still if there's an element of 3-ness in the time sig, but if not (as
in the case of "Blue" itself), I can arrange the song (or the part of it I'll
use in the pastiche) in 3-time.

This is quite a challenge to me -- I haven't done this kind of thing for well
over 20 years -- so I appreciate any help of any kind -- and if it comes out
all right, I'll perform it at J-fest 2002.  God help us all. :-)

thanks,

walt