It depends on the specific circumstances.  The lawyers on the list would
know more about this.  I don't know all the details of Mack's situation, but
I've worked on a few employment cases and honesty is the best policy if he
wants to bring an action against them later. If they can show he lied in one
way or another it may dilute his case - I've seen defendants lose on unfair
termination and discrimination actions when the other side can prove they
lied - it plays into employers' rights.  Bottom line, though, I think Mack
is going to be just fine and they would be very foolish to mess with him!
And if they do, I hope he gets a big fat settlement! ;-)  Kakki