I was there too.
Erika is wonderful, I agree.  I'd seen her once before, also with
Garrin, at a different venue and loved her.
She and Garrin, both, are featured artists in January's "Viva Variety
XXII", Walt, in case you didn't know.
http://www.makeitsoproductions.org/curpro.html, it will be a great
night!

What Walt didn't tell you . . .is he left at 'intermission' and . .
.afterwards, in 'part 2', there were a couple of special guests:
Deborah Pardes, who also records on the same label as Kathryn Chase
and is amazing: she's been on West Coast Live radioshow a bunch of
times.
And Michael Rodriguez, who engineered Garrin (and Boz Scaggs latest)
CD, and is a pianist in his own right, played an acoustic piece for
us, a la George Winston.
And a friend of Garrin's, Jason Durant, read an amazing poem, about
the beat poet/radical faerie/friend, Haia Ted Berk, who is in
hospital. What a beautiful poem.
It truly was a great evening.

Richard in San Franicisco - n.p. Deborah Pardes "blessing"
-------