<<>and especially the
>Alternate Blue

Qu'est-ce que c'est?>>

This is no great shakes in my opinion. In a nutshell, all it is is Blue without "All I
Want" & "Richard", substituting "Hunter" and "Urge For Going" instead. Now, if you
haven't heard "Hunter", it's worth having, but that same studio versio is available on
"The Hissing Demos" which is certainly an essential. The other songs are the same
releases that would appear on the official Blue.

The story is that Reprise wanted to pressure Joni to release her next record as she
was on a roll, so they sent her tapes to the record plants. This forced Joni's hand to
complete the project so it would be as she wanted it.

There is more info & scans of the "alternate" labels at JoniMitchell.com, look in the
"Bio" section for the period 1971 to 1973.

And if you should want copies of either of these CD's, I'm always glad to share.

Bob

NP: Joni, "Shadows & Light",