"owen.duff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nuriel wrote:
"...TTT for Joni's worst album", "Where did that spirit go on TTT?"

You're joking, right, Owen?"
-----------------------------
I do hope everyone understands that i only wrote the "You're joking..." part!

Owen my dear, all i can say is that if in my next life i am a tree in the park i hope
that someone holding his Taming The Tiger CD will sit
in my shade.

Nuri

You wrote:
"Im a frayed not - I really don't hear much going on on TTT. To me, Joni's
>best work is either inspirational or insightful, or both, at it's *very*
>best. TTT starts off well - Harlem in Havana is such an uplifting song, with
>a great hook to the melody and production that reminds me of Court and
>Spark. Then Man From Mars, which is a really beautiful tune (tho I *still*
>can't decide if I like "big boohoo"). After that introduction, I felt the
>rest was a real let down, I didn't feel it was musically adventurous, nor
>was it saying anything particularly arresting - you could argue No Apologies
>here but I find that the lyrics in the chorus have little to do with the
>verse - moral decay yes, but the "lawyers and loansharks" come out of
>nowhere! Turbulent Indigo was a different story altogether, it had
>atmosphere and a great, angry energy to it, and the lyrics rank up there
>with some of her best (the techniques she employs on a song like Borderline
>are brilliant). It's a very personal thing, but few of the things I love
>about Joni - melodies that are completely original yet totally uncontrived;
>concise, intelligent, incisive and balanced lyrics loaded with dazzling
>imagery; production that throws out the rule book (Burundi drummers looping
>away years before sampling appeared) - are evident to me when I listen to
>TTT. It was the first new Joni album (bar hits and misses) to come out after
>I found her, so I desperately wanted to love it! Maybe in years to come I'll
>listen to it with new ears and renegue on this, but I dont hold out a lot of
>hope :(
>Owen"

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com