Sister Marlena entered the Monastery of Silence and
the Abbot said, "Sister, this is a silent monastery.
You are welcome here as long as you like, but you may
not speak until I direct you to do so.
  Sister Marlena lived in the monastery for five years
before the Abbot said to her, "Sister Marlena, you
have been here for five years. You can speak two words."
  Sister Marlena said, "Hard bed."
  "I'm sorry to hear that," the Abbot said. "We will
get you a better bed."
  After another five years, Sister Marlena was called by
the Abbot. "You may say another two words, Sister Marlena."
  "Cold food," said Sister Marlena, and the Abbott
assured her that the food would be better in the future.
  On her fifteenth anniversary at the monastery, the
Abbott again called Sister Marlena into his office. "You
may say two words today."
  "I quit," said Sister Marlena.
  "It is probably best", said the Abbott. "You've done
nothing but bitch since you got here."