>is it time to relive the discussion on what is behind
>the song? Id love to hear what people think...lots of
>newbies of late...so I invite you to spill .

Two Grey rooms is indeed a very heart-wrenching song.  As I am listening
tonight, I am also trying to watch Harold and Maude on AMC.  So the stereo
is playing and I'm watching closed caption.4AM.....and feeling NO PAIN.  I
used to think this song was pure fantasy...... that she was playing this out
in her head.  But, if you listen at the very end of the song between the
line...Below my window, she SAYS:HEY,HEY!!  Like when someone is trying to
get a persons attention on the street.. when they are calling from indoors
behind a window. Also, at the beginning during her lovely piano intro BEFORE
she breaks into verse it sounds like she says:There you again or dare you go
with me? or there you go with me.... which doesn't make a whole lot of
sense.  I listened to this, trying to decipher exactly what she is saying..
if anything before the verses start......a good twenty times.  Kneeling,
with my ear pressed against the stereo speaker.......then I would back away
from the stereo about ten feet and the more I listened the more I read into
it.  It was becoming gluck or whatever.....She says:No one Knows I'm
here........(a real locale or at this station in her life?) this could mean
several or have several different connotations..... that after all these
years she's still smitten ... and pining for him.......surely people in her
circle would think she was well past with such intense longing still.

TO BED/MAT.......will finish this later today.......

Eight hours later......      OK, feeling revived it now sounds like she is
saying:Bear you go with me? ( Bear is the name of my cat?)  I think I'm
trying to make mystery where there isn't any really.  It's an incredibly
beautiful song that she sings from her very core.  And I empathize with
her.......if you let the song invade it can bring tears.  Joni! Joni! JONI!
GAWD IN HEAvEN........her phrasing, the emotion she invokes when she
says:The weekends drive me mad,holidays are all too sad...... The
word......MAD how does she do that with that one syllable word??.....she
twists and turns it.....AMAZING! ........&  SAD.... she takes you down to
the depths where sadness...... IS!

And I could envision this on the BIG SREEN, cinematic greatness......I'd
take it a step further and want to think HE has been eyeing her secretly as
well.  They finally get the nerve to confront one another........and all
that, that would entail........ I would want a happing ending though.  :-)

ALL subjective, BTW......nothing is fixed.

Bree