several mcdonald's and at least one citibank are burning in downtown buenos
aires. the red cross has just reported that 6 young protesters were killed
this afternoon at the mayo square, where people are still demonstrating
against the state of siege.
businesses have closed down. as from 12 midnight, workers will go on strike
indefinitely, bringing the country to a stop.
the opposition has refused to form a coalition government and the president
has resigned.
as i write, the city is preparing itself for a night of barricades and
tension. i have decided to join the protesters. i can't stay home and watch
how my country crumbles. i have always been a political person and it is my
duty and my joy to fight for my beliefs.
i will be signing off now. thank you for your love and your concern. we'll
be meeting again on a brighter day.
wally