Ibiza was listed as #1 on the top ten party spots on a recent Travel Channel
episode.  It's now on my to do list, ha ha.  Anyone been there recently?  db

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rick and Susan
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 11:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: California

> From: mike pritchard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Joni sang in 'California' "I took a plane to Spain, went to a party down a
red
> dirt road, lots of pretty people there reading Rolling Stone, reading
Vogue".
> Does anyone know where this place was? The 'pretty people' reference
suggests
> the hippy Ibiza of the late 60s but it may be somewhere else. Any ideas?

Ibiza is my first guess although there is no specific mention of it in the
Shadows and Light biography. It would make sense in that Ibiza was
definitely on the hippie backpack trail in those days: James Taylor had
visited there a year or two earlier (Carolina in My Mind) and I missed them
both when I visited in late 1970.

Ranger Rick