Anyone who doesn't care about my opinion of the only-joni digest should skip
this.

A problem with email, from someone you don't know, is that it is "spoken" by
the listener. Mack seems to have taken it very personally, and apparently
with his own anger, not mine. I realize Mack  only speaks for himself. His
comments on my post remind me of Joni's line about Jerry Falwell, etc. --
preaching love like hate. Colin might want to refresh his perspective too;
his words are not mine.
To respond to other comments, I made no reference to
Christmas. My comments (nor this site) have nothing to do with a religious
holiday. My point is this: 7 of the 10 posts today are NJC (not counting
posts responding to my post).  Digest #391 had 10 of 24 posts NJC; # 393 had
10 of 16 posts NJC. If I had saved others, I'm sure they would be similar.
My thanks to Paul and others who understood my comments. I have a busy life,
as others do, and preferrred not to scroll through so many  discussions
about nothing related to JM.

I had looked forward to the Discussion List, as I too have loved Joni's
work, since 1968. And I looked forward to sharing info/opinions about her
and her magnificent art. I have two copies of her LP's, one set worn and
scratchy; every cassette and every CD. I have every songbook published and
play her songs (self-taught & poorly) on my guitar. I have notified Simon of
two concerts not on his Appearances list that I attended, and for which I
have photos and ticket stubs.  I have photos of her leaving the hotel after
a concert. I sat through a snowstorm at Red Rocks in Denver for hours
waiting for her to (not) appear. I have the copy of Architectural Digest
that featured a layout of her home. I buy every piece of music related to
her. (Is Caroline Lavelle listed as covering her "A Case of You"? Produced
years ago by William Orbit.)  I have an autographed print of her oil
painting hanging in my living room. I do my paintings to her music. I'm not
special, I'm sure you all have similar stories. That was what was so
exciting to me in finding this forum. I thought I had a friend in a
JM fan. She has been a part of my life too.

I appreciate the posts relating to Joni Mitchell that are on the digest, and
I am thrilled to find photos and info from people who are apparently "in the
know" about her professionally, and keep us posted on upcoming events. The
entire website is fabulous and I am grateful to those who make it possible.
I appreciated the warm welcome I received when I first logged in. I guess I
thought this particular DL/digest  was something else, rather than a chat
room for so many non-related subjects and very personal email. That's fine,
I can unsubscribe. It's pretty sensitive territory, you should have a
warning label for all newcomers.

This is way too long and personal. I thought I knew better than to get into
an argument. I feel like William Shatner.