I've started this before, so maybe this one will "work" as we used to say in
photo crits.

As with everything else in her body of work, Joni appears to me to be
mightily ambivilant about Christmas.

While she appears to have had a happy childhood, in Karen's book we don't
hear about that very much.  As relates to Christmas, we hear about the one
Christmas when she was battling polio and made a "promise" to the power
behind the power behind the angels and lights on her hospital room's tree.

She hasn't written about the presumed joys of giving to her grandchildren.

Anyway, she's but one person, albiet a supremely gifted one.

Lama