Folks,

I've set up a website where you can register the
things you're persuing to help Wally find a way out
of Argentina.

My aim is to centralise our knowledge on issues like
emmigration, either to the US or elsewhere, and what
progress individuals are making with job leads and
so on.  By doing this, we avoid duplication of effort,
stimulate discussion of issues and greatly simplify Wally's
life because he can get an at-a-glace view of what we're
up to and have discovered.

I also have latest headlines up on the site with links
to other news sites.  (Umm, well, "latest" depending
on how often I get to update things.)

There is no discussion forum in place yet, so for now,
please discuss any issues on the helpwally list, subscription
details below.

Please have a look, although you will need to register
first.  Register and log in here:-

        http://secure-si.no-ip.com/wally/

If you have comments, ideas, or bugs, please let me
know straight away!

--Chris

--- how to join the helpwally list ---

I have set up an e-mail list that anyone may join to discuss ways to
help Wally to leave Argentina.

You can subscribe by sending an e-mail to

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

with a blank subject line and the words

        subscribe helpwally

as the only text in the message body.

My list server does not allow a single-shot subscription -
to prevent malicious subscription of an e-mail address by
a third party.  Therefore, you will get two messages back
from the list server.  One will just tell you the results
of the message you just sent:-

[ Start of e-mail ]
Subject: Majordomo results

**** Your request to [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
****
****    subscribe helpwally [EMAIL PROTECTED]
****
**** must be authenticated.  To accomplish this, another
**** request must be
**** sent in with an authorization key, which has been sent to:
****    <your e-mail address@yourdomain>
[ End of e-mail ]

The second e-mail message is the one referred to in the message above.
It'll look like this:-

[Start of e-mail]
Subject: Confirmation for subscribe helpwally
Someone (possibly you) has requested that your email address be
added to or deleted from the mailing list
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

If you really want this action to be taken, please send the
following commands (exactly as shown) back to
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]":

        auth 24d16201 subscribe helpwally <your e-mail address>

If you do not want this action to be taken, simply ignore
this message and the request will be disregarded.

If your mailer will not allow you to send the entire command
as a single line, you may split it using backslashes, like so:

        auth 24d16201 subscribe helpwally \
        <your e-mail address>
[End of e-mail]

You must reply to this following the above instructions carefully.
Check that your e-mail program has not truncated or wrapped the line
starting "auth....". If it has, make sure
to use the second form of the auth command above.  The only thing that
needs to be in the reply is the auth command, nothing else.

If you follow the instructions correctly, and send the reply, you'll be
on the list. This will be confirmed by a message looking like this:-

[Start of e-mail]
Subject: Majordomo results: RE: Confirmation for subscribe helpwally
Succeeded.

[End of e-mail]

You can then post by sending e-mail to

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

When you reply, it works just like the regular Joni list -
an ordinary reply will go to just the original e-mail sender, and reply
to all must be used to get mail back to the list as a whole.

If you have problems subscribing, e-mail me direct and I'll
add you manually to the list, but bear in mind that might
take me a while if I'm not near my computer.

--Chris