Paul wrote:

<I recently had an e-mail from Warren Allen, whose 'alternate tunings'
webpage link I posted on the list last week, asking if I knew whether
Joni had ever learnt to play the guitar in standard tuning (on his site he

quotes from Mark Hanson's book 'The Alternate Tunings Guide for Guitar'
(Amsco Publications, 1991) that Joni Mitchell "has always played only
in alternate tunings. She has never learned to play in standard tuning.">

The last sentence of this statement is not correct according to a first
hand aquaintance of mine.  I know a guy who's band would share dates at a
Detroit club called The Poison Apple with Chuck and Joni in the mid
sixties.  Comparing notes, this must have been before Pat Henry had met
Joni in The Cellar.  Sid, the head of this band, The Spikedrivers, told me
he used doodle around on guitar with Joni before or after sets.  Pointedly
asking, he insists that Joni was only using standard tunings when he knew
her.

Penny

NP Shawn Colvin - Conversation

(Catherine Turley found these covers, done by Colvin during Public Radio
Appearances in 1975/76.  I think they were sent sometime in the last
several months to Bob for the Covers Project.)

Does anyone on the list know if this is correct?
http://greetings.yahoo.com