> > Bob and everyone,has this guy got his facts mixed up?  I can't imagine
Joni
> > lecturing to her fans about paying closer attention to her lyrics.  It
> > doesn't ring true.
>
> it is true. Don't know the concert or when but she did tell her audience
off for
> not listening.
>
> bw
> colin

I can offer 1st hand testimony to this.  It was in Costa Mesa, CA circa 87.
During a benefit show Joni stopped twice and asked the audience to stop
talking so she could express herself.
I already posted about this because I was puzzled how she would pick solo
piano tunes at a benefit concert where the majority of the audience didn't
come to see her but Willy Nelson, and then wonder why they were not paying
attention.

Laurent