Mack wrote:

"I thought Gladiator was dreadfully boring and not worthy of
oscar praise.  I
do like Russell Crowe though.  I was aware of him because of the
australian
film "the sum of us"  He played a gay man in it and it was so
sweet."

Mack--that was RUSSELL CROWE I saw in that movie, which came out
in 1995 or so??!  I hadn't a clue.  And of course, nobody in the
States had heard of him yet:  at least, no one that I knew.

And yes, he was very good in that film, which somehow managed to
be sweet and terribly sad and haunting and uplifting, all at the
same time.

Mary P.