>I spent five minutes on a stairmaster last night. I broke my f***ing
>kneecap! it is agony. i knew nothing about it at the time. just a few
>hours later I awoke cold and shaking and in bloody agony.
>good job i have good friends. they have bene in and out all day in
>shifts looking after my dogs-feeding them-letting them out etc.
>I feel old!

Maybe stupid,but not old.  ;-)   Sorry this happened to you,you are going to
need a lot of patience and you have the good friends already.  I did
something a few years ago on a electric treadmill;got on the thing and
before getting a good hold of the handles I turned the key on........fell
backwards,landed on elbows and knees.  The left knee really took the
brunt,already injured from a car accident.  Ouch and while I'm at it...
double OUCH!!   (definitely a surgery in my future)
Take care and I'll be thinking of you

Bree