This was one of the topics of Question Time on TV tonight(BBC) and has been raguing in
the news this wekk. The feeling is one os dismay that the USA is behaving in  this
way. As has been pointed out, this will only exacerbate the probelmes, produce more
hatred towards
the USA and produce more martyrs and make American citizens even more unsafe.
America has long been looked up to as a country to hold up human rights, fair
treatment,good law(okay if you forget about CP) and the ' good protector'. It now
appeares to be throwing this all away and beahving just like any other thug. This is a
sad sad time for us
all, not to mention dangerous.
Some here in the UK have pointed out the evil committed by thses people(well actually
they all died in theose planes) so why should we care what happens to these POW's.
That is not the popint. the point is sticking to our Principles regardless. If we
don't, why bothetr
having principles? In the future, when other coutries take American prisoners, America
will kot be able to bargain and demand that the Geneve convention is followed. It has
thrown all that away. Taking these POW's to Cuba, a military court, the refusl to call
them
POW's has dragged America down into the gutter.alomng with all these 'bad countries'.

--
bw
colin

[EMAIL PROTECTED]