--- Ron Greer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi
>

>       >>Magsie wrote
>       >>>Rose, just so happen to have received from honey boi
> Gord's Gold..a fabulous CD which has all his old and good
> tunes on it.<<<
>

> a bit of advice please!!
>
> in my youth "sundown" was a hit here & i absolutely loved it. i never
> investigated further tho cause most of my friends at that stage said
> that while that song was nice, the rest was worth bothering about. i
> never really believed them, but never got got out to investigate
> gordon.
>
> now when i go to the cd shop there are just so many albums of his i
> just dont know where to start - some pointers would be mu ch
> appreciated please  :-)
>
> if i remember correctly - didnt he do an album with daniel lanois
> producing?? ive never found that on here

Ron, see if you can find a copy of Gord's Gold. It is a
2 record set on one disc, although I believe one of the
original songs is missing. Anyway, it is excellent because
it includes songs like Softly, Beautiful (probably one of my
most favourites) . You will find The Canadian Railway
Trilogy on it, Song For A Winter's Night (Sarah McLecklin
did that right Uncle John?) (and yes I do know how to
spell McLachlan ;-)

the point is, Ron, that is the only Gordie I own..
I lost access to the others when I moved...sooooo
that is the one I suggest. Some of Gordie's newer
work just wasnt my thing. Same thing happened with
Brucie imho.

I admire Gordie, he's still hanging in there despite
the controversial talk.

with a tonne of love in her heart,
Magsie...
watching la neige fall on cedars

np: Mimi's alarm which has been sounding off for about
ten minutes ! lol!!!

=====
it's a miracle!
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!