Sharon wrote:
>Dear Walt:
>You may find talking with Steve Polifka from our list would be very
>helpful.  He is a whiz at playing Joni songs on the piano.  I >sympathize
with your problem.

Hi Walt, and everyone,
   While some may think I'm a whiz at playing Joni, it's really not
true.(Hugs to you, Sharon!) ;-) (LOL!)Sometimes I have to listen to one of
her piano phrases 25 times before I 'get' it. (That's why none of the
printed music is quite write. Nobody 'got' it after a few listens...) Then
I let go of having to play her stuff note for note (I had that, 'you don't
mess with the goddess' attitude...) and let some of me come out in the
music, which made things easier all the way around.
   Her chords intrigued me so much that I had to learn to play every piano
piece she ever wrote at one time or another. But my favorite is Two Grey
Rooms- lyrically and musically it moves me everytime I hear it.
   One day I want to do Down To You note for note in a live performance. I
have the ear and can pick out almost anything, but I may not have the
devotion to pull it off!
   Ah well, maybe one day at some Jonifest somewhere... sigh...

Steve