Gil wrote:

>  Went to a benefit for the L.A. Free Clinic on March 31,
>1969, at the Aquarius Theatre during the run of Hair. Bands included Buddy
>Miles, Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention, Captain Beefheart (an
>early gig, maybe the first), Jethro Tull (just after This Was was released;
>Dharma for One and Ian Anderson tossing suckers to the crowd), Illinois
>Speed Press, Red Beans & Rice (most excellent and funky, and why didn't
>they ever cut an album), Linda Ronstadt, Southwind, Dillard & Clark,
>Chicago Transit Authority (before the first album was released;

Geeze, dude! I missed that one. I would have LOVED to see Dillard & Clark!
But I did see some of the others, Linda and Jethro, of course, and:

Illinois Speed Press            Venice Beach    Venice          4/20/69
Southwind                   Olympic Auditorium  Los Angeles     12/31/69
Chicago (Transit Authority)     The Shrine      Los Angeles     11/9/68

Did you go to shows at the Shrine? What a way to learn about
rock'n'roll! For sure the only
way I could've remembered this stuff was to keep a list. Excuse me,
there goes another
brain cell or two...
Steve Dulson        Costa Mesa CA       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The Tinker's Own"                      http://www.tinkersown.com
"The Living Tradition Concert Series"   http://www.thelivingtradition.org/