Steve Dulson wrote:

>Geeze, dude! I missed that one. I would have LOVED to see Dillard & Clark!

Dude! Dillard and Clark was awesome, for a couple of folk hippies.

>But I did see some of the others, Linda and Jethro, of course, and:
>
>Illinois Speed Press            Venice Beach    Venice          4/20/69
>Southwind                   Olympic Auditorium  Los Angeles     12/31/69
>Chicago (Transit Authority)     The Shrine      Los Angeles     11/9/68

Most excellent. That sure was the place to be.

>Did you go to shows at the Shrine?

A couple of times, but I have the dimmest memories. I'm sure it was a
wonderful Mothers concert, but I can't recall a single moment of it.

>What a way to learn about
>rock'n'roll! For sure the only
>way I could've remembered this stuff was to keep a list.

I wish I *had* kept a list. But I remember seeing Spirit at the Whiskey,
and The Doors at the Forum (preceded by Sweetwater and Jerry Lee Lewis;
Jerry Lee got booed off stage for declaring that country would replace
rock'n'roll), Sandy Denny (who opened for The Association at the
Troubadour; no one wanted to see The Association, so after Sandy's second
set, where she was joined on stage by half the rest of Fairport Convention,
the audience filed out; poor Association!), Donovan at the Hollywood Bowl
... the list goes on and on.

In the 1970s it was the Dead and NRPS at Isla Vista, Butterfield in
Phoenix, Little Feat in San Diego ... all incredible shows.

>Excuse me,
>there goes another
>brain cell or two...

Try to lose the unimportant ones, okay. Like, I can't remember what I had
for dinner last night, but I know all the words to the Gilligan's Island
theme song. This seems inequitable.

Peace and love, dude ...

Gil