the rev Vince ranted:

>All the comments about Meryl Streep and accents - would you prefer she
>act without seeking the authenticity of the character she plays?  Would
>you prefer the flat American accents that John Wayne brought to Ghengis
>Khan, for example, the mixture of normal American and English accents in
>Enemies at the Gate, which was supposed to be about Russians?

How can you dismiss the fine accent work of Kevin Costner in Robin Hood:
Prince of Thieves? As Robin freed himself more and more from his feudal bg,
his accent got more and more American, slipping back every now and then as
he'd regress. This was one of Kostner's most subtle characterizations.

Then there's the impeccable Russian accent of Walter Koenig as Chekov ...

But perhaps I digress. But perhaps I need my medication.

Gil