I saw that movie in its entirety only once & was devastated by the "choice"
scene. Ashara, I can't imagine seeing that movie pregnant! Everytime I come
across this movie on tv I watch it because it is so compelling...but when it
starts getting near to that part I have to switch it to something
else...that is the only movie I can think of that I can't bear to experience
again...I have been able to watch the Excorcist & Silence of the Lambs all
alone in my house (late at night) but never Sophie's Choice...

Like Mags & Ashara, I have always been very drawn to Holocaust related
movies & books...I have had strong feelings/recollections of living through
that time but I am not Jewish (in this lifetime).