As will be expected of me, I will differ from the prevailing view that
Eminem's lyrics promote violence, including, especially, violencer
against women.  I think Eminem holds up a mirror to our society, to our
way of life, and reflects many of the horrors, and the causes of those
horrors, that we prefer not to think about when we think about family
life today.

That said, a song that has always bothered me deeply is my beloved Neil
Young singing "down by the river, I shot my lady... dead."

As will be unexpected of me and way off the subject, I was shopping in a
used cd store yesterday and found and bought for $5.00 a cd that I
suspect that no other member of the JMDL has ever bouight: Britney
Spears' "Oops I did it again"  Love that song - have done hours of
aerobics to it, and trhe line, "I'm not that innocent" has made its way
into one of stock phrases.  Note: after the title song, the rest of the
album sucks. but I just feel like letting you know that a long time
JMDLer who is one of Eminem's biggest fans (along with my bud Michael
Yarbrough) bought a Britney Spears album (I point out I doubt Mikle
would ever do that.)

(the Rev) Vince

NP: Westmintser Kennel Club on tv, and once again the Samoyed was not
put up