Sherelle wrote:

> I know you already have your fill of songs, but one song that comes to
mind
> is Neil Young's "Down By The River."  The chorus goes: "Down by the
river...I
> shot my baby..Shot my baby dead..." I don't quite get the song, but those
> lyrics seem pretty obvious.

Others have also mentioned this song.  Somewhere in the recesses of my brain
(a dark and scary place), I seem to have heard somewhere that this song is
actually about a car - I may well be wrong, god knows, it's happened before!
But the first verse is:  Be on my side, I'll be on your side, There's no
reason for us to hide, It's so hard for me staying here all alone, When you
could be taking me for a ride.

It kind of makes sense?  If it is true, it doesn't really fit the "men
killing women" theme.

Hell
"To have great poets, there must be
great audiences too." - Walt Whitman

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hell's Personal Photo Page:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hell/main/personal.htm

Visit the NBLs (Natural Born Losers) at:
http://www.nbls.co.nz