Paul C wrote:

>Another one that comes to mind (as a classic 'crime of passion'
>song) is the Child ballad - Matty Groves.  Sandy Denny with Fairport
>Convention did a great version of this on their Liege & Lief album.

This was *the* great crowd pleaser when Sandy Denny played the Troubadour.
Sandy opened for The Association. For the second set, she was joined on
stage by half of Fairport who were in the audience. That's when she sang
Matty Groves, and the audience erupted in cheers of delight.

Of course, as soon as Sandy's set was over, everyone but the label hacks
got up and left, me included. I wonder what The Association thought about
playing to an empty house.

Gil
NP: Off Night Backstreet