You folks made me go down to the basement for this one!!!  I
find this very interesting.  I discovered Joni in 1969 here
in Detroit,
just a couple of years after she left town.  I always
regretted the fact
that I didn't discover the "coffeehouse" scene until after
Joni left, although I did travel to see her in Stratford
that year.  I began going to our local haunts, including the
Raven Gallery and Chessmate, and I did see Chuck perform a
number of times.  He did a song called "Raggedy Andy" that
he wrote and was also published by Gandalf BMI.  I always
liked it,
and actually found an album of his in our local record store
that I still have that contains that song.  I've heard of
the "Combinations" album, but this one is called "Dreams and
Stories" and was recorded in June and July of 1969 on
Strider Records.  I just pulled the album out to look at it
after reading the Chuck Mitchell posts and guess who plays
drums on the album...John Guerin.  It also says recorded
Sunset Sound L.A., Bill Lazarus and Tom Harvey, engineers;
Strider, Detroit and Los Angeles.

There are no Joni songs on the album but a few are:
Acapulco (Michael Peter Smith), Broken Hearted Mama (Eric
Andersen), Mister Bojangles (Jerry Jeff Walker) and a couple
songs Chuck wrote, along with co-writers.  9 tracks total.
I also just found inside a huge poster of a drawing of Chuck
with the lyrics to the song "Dreams and Stories" with a
Chuck Mitchell autograph (produced on the poster), and of
course, the song was written by him.  I didn't even realize
this poster was inside until now.  Actually the album is in
near-mint condition even after all of these years!  So much
for some "Chuck" trivia.  I'm sure I have a file on him
somewhere as well, since he played this area so much.  If
there is any further interest, I'll take a look for it.

Best regards,

Gary

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup