In a message dated 3/2/02 3:02:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<  Hey, I know this album seems to be controversial to the group but I
 want to say I think it is excellent. I have been listening to it in my car a
 lot lately ( the car stereo is better than the one at home and the acoustics
 are awesome!). Yes, it is more "techno" than any other Joni album, but so
 what? The music is great. My favorite song is "Lucky Girl" - a somewhat
 ironic piece considering her later divorce. I just noticed recently that in
 "Dog Eat Dog" someone (Klein?) is saying real low and in the background "dog
 eat dog" through the whole tune - sort of like in a cartoon dog voice -
 never noticed that before! The only one i don't like is "Tax Free".  Ciao,
 Dave.

I'm with you Dave  ... that's the split tongue spirit doing the dog eat dog
chant