Anne Heche could be confused--after all, she entitled her autobiography "Call Me
Crazy"!  Or she could be bisexual.  Or she could be both, although I am definitely
*NOT* saying that all bisexuals are, by definition, "confused."

I do not see, however, how gays and lesbians have no choice in their orientation, but
bisexuals somehow do.  Prefaced with the caveat that there is almost certainly
disagreement in the bisexual community about this, I would argue that an orientation
is an orientation.  An individual may have no more control about whether he or she is
attracted to members of both genders than about whether he or she is attracted to
members of one:  either one.

My two cents!

Mary P.