Well back in the day, Grace was one of the reining queens of rock &
roll...about the time Joni was pegged as a  hippy goddess (& of course Janis
was another).

They emerged out of the San Francisco scene which at that time was a Mecca
for all things new & exciting...music was a huge part of it. You know, peace
& love man. I remember Grace & the Airplane as being one of the originators
(maybe the most prominent) of a new style of psychedelic rock & roll. Grace
was rebellious, intelligent, wild & a little bit tough. I thought she was
beautiful & her voice was so powerful & unique.

Along with Somebody to Love, I recall the song White Rabbit was HUGE.
Looking back, I think its appeal was that many of us were  really still kids
looking for a fairytale way of life.

I saw her during her peak at the Filmore East, then a year or so later at
Woodstock. The Airplane set was one of the highlights from my Woodstock
experience. They played at sunrise after the rainstorms had passed. I can't
recall which song it was now, but it was the perfect soundtrack for the
beautiful new day & one of the most profound combinations of music
complementing nature.

>>>Grace Slick. What was her deal?  I have seen the behind the
music on VH1 and heard stories and she was a definite rock and roller, but
why did she get so much attention.  I guess I just dont get her.<<<