Hey, Will, I relate to your dilemma.  broken strings, minutes lost in
the translation of tunings, what's a poor street singer to do?  Well,
here's another tip, other than staying stranded in concert tuning...

The Crazy Cries of Love is in CGDEGC which in Joni Notation is X77235
If you go to www.jmdl.com/guitar and select this generic tuning,
seven other Joni songs come up with the same (or very similar)
tunings:

Passion Play
Cherokee Louise
Night Ride Home
God Must Be a Boogie Man
Cool Water
Love Puts On A New Face
Sunny Sunday
Yvette in English

joni calls this playing in a "family of tunings."  That should cover
about 40 minutes of excellent entertainment and some clinking of
coins in your case!  You'll be on your way to Jonifest in no time.
:-)

take care, sue  (you see I've embarked on a mission to spread
alternation among the masses...)  :-)

--

"Heart and humor and humility
    will lighten up your heavy load ... " - Joni Mitchell