On my plight with stranded tuning Susan replied quite rightly;
     <Ahh, Will, go ahead and retune, we won't tell anyone!! Believe me,
once you start alternating you will never return to the stranded island! :-)

Thanks for the sound advice. Picture it, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, on a
dreich Thursday afternoon. The perkiest wind is carrying the hail sideways
the length of the busiest shopping thoroughfare in the city. By Marks &
Spencers, I am standing on a noisy corner with a clapped out guitar hanging
from my shoulders and looking down somewhat forlornly at an up-turned
baseball cap with a sorry scattering of brown coins strewn therein. My hands
are seizing up. It's bloody chilly Willy. So I keep the busking songs
a-coming real quick-fire. Nobody stops to hear me even though I'm playing so
sweet and high. What to do Baba? I know, I'll retune for a quick rendition
of Crazy Cries. That'll get their hands delving into their pockets. Three
minutes later, while attempting C77235, the cold has no sympathy for the
stretching strings and scheckt ... there goes my G string. Minutes pass as
do the scurrying Glaswegians. Ok, the Crazy Cries. Lovely. Attention at
last. The clinking of a few more brown coins. "Another one like that,"
shouts a man of some commendable taste. "Aye, just let me retune." D57543
this time. I look up and the faces have changed. Where's my man of
commendable taste?
    You get my point - three minutes of my dulcet tones stretched to eight
if I sing the chorus several times, then the same in silence whilst I
retune. Time is money. How many pennies does it take to get to the JoniFest
and back? 55545 - going for a song.
Willy the Shake