Long, long ago, Victor wrote:

>Anyone familiar with the composer Messianen?  A touring
>organist will be in Atlanta this Saturday, peforming his entire
>works for organ for free starting at 1:00 pm and ending at 9:30,
>performing on a very nice pipe organ at the Cathedral in
>Buckhead.  I was thinking I would try to catch some of it.  The last
>time I went to an organ recital was in Guadalajara in '90...I
>remember being overwhelmed by the sheer power and passion
>conveyed in the music...

I assume you mean Olivier Messiaen. What little I've heard of his organ
music is every bit as magical as his greatest hit, Quatour pour le fins du
temp. This "quartet for the end of time" was written in a German POW camp
during WWII for the musicians available, and has a timeless sense to it. If
you attended the concert and there was a program, you might have noticed
that the bulk of Messiaen's music is overtly religious.

Gil