>  Big Walt in SF wrote:
>(1) This may be an old discussion for some of you, but the song "Just Like
>Me" almost seems like Joni's answer to the song (almost certainly by Dylan,
>but I seem to remember quite a few other people sang it, even at least one
>woman) that went:
>
>"She [blanks] just like a woman,
>She [blanks] just like a woman,
>And she [blanks] just like a woman,
>But she breaks (just) like a little girl."

<snip>

  Yes, this is a Bob Dylan song, and at least one woman has covered it: Judy
Collins (there I go again!) had a whole album titled "Judy Collins Sings Bob
Dylan ... Just Like A Woman."

>(2) Another Oldie:  "The Wizard of Is" reminds me, musically, of "Suzanne",
>you know, the one that starts "Suzanne takes you down/to a place by the
>river/..."  I don't know who wrote it -- it may even be "traditional", but
>many artists have covered it.

  <snip>

  "Suzanne" is by Joni's fellow Canadian Leonard Cohen. (J.C. covered this
one, too.)

  I get the jmdl on digest, and probably, others will have supplied this
info earlier. And I'll have to defer to others to respond to your  inquiries
about parallels to Joni's compositions.

  Tim Spong
  Dover, Del., U.S.A.