>I have wanted to visit KY for decades...my
>grandmother used to tell me about her relatives that lived there...

I hope you can somehow arrange to do this Kate.  I just know that you would
be inspired to write some beautiful music too.   A working vacation maybe?

>named their homestead after their Irish land. Maghera Glass. Anyone >know
>exactly what that means.....

Maghera  e.g..  Magherafelt,Northern Ireland

>weird to feel
>such strong roots in places I have never actually been too. I did get close
>though...I finally made it to Nashville last year but didn't have enough
>time to get up to Ky.

Did you perform in Nashville?  I have a cousin who is a dentist and lives
there.  She grew up in Eastern Kentucky.. tried for years to keep her
practice there.....but the people just don't get their teeth looked after
like they should.  Very poor area;all the mines stripped long ago.  Let me
know if you do ever plan to perform there?  It is about only a six hour
drive for me.

Take care,
Bree