"gene mock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>california is the prettiest state in the union.

Having visited many times, even having lived there for a while, if I were
forced to pick one state I might pick California ... it is a gem and
incredibly diverse. Did you know that Redwood National Park is the least
visited national park in the US? Fine with me, less crowded, although I hope
everyone gets at least one chance to visit in their lifetime. It's my church
... the confluence of ocean, mountain, and a cathedral of giant trees.

But I also have to put in an equally good word for the whole Pacific
Northwest, starting in Northern California, extending up through Oregon,
Washington, and into British Columbia, Canada. It's nothing short of pure
magic.

The Southwest--Arizona and New Mexico--is magic. And the mountain
states--Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado--have their magic, too.

Also, let's not forget that bit of paradise we "acquired" ... Hawaii. They
don't call it paradise for nothing!

-Fred